Tea-Smoked Salmon with Tagliatelle and a Vanila Sauce
SALMON INGREDIENTS SERVES 4
- 60g Luxury Gold loose tea
- 100g rice
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g tagliatelle
SAUCE INGREDIENTSSERVES 4
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
Split the vanilla pods lengthways.
FOR THE SALMON
1. Line a medium-sized wok with 4 sheets of foil, letting it hang over the edges.
2. Combine the tea, rice, sugar and a splash of water, and spread over the foil to cover the base of the wok.
3. Place an oiled wire rack or steamer basket in the wok – it should sit about 5cm above the rice and tea mixture.
4. Brush the fish lightly with oil and place on the rack.
5. Cover with a lid or foil and sit over a fairly high heat until smoking.
6. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
7. Cook the tagliatelle according to the packet instructions.
FOR THE SAUCE
8. Put the stock and vanilla pod in a small pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
9. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes, then discard the vanilla pod.
10. Whisk in the crème fraîche, season with a little white pepper and set aside.
11. Drain the tagliatelle and divide among 4 serving plates.
12. Top with the salmon and spoon over the sauce.
13. Serve with rocket leaves.