Salmon and Pea Fishcakes
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4)
- 4 salad onions
- sunflower oil
- little gem lettuces
- 3 eggs
- 2 unwaxed lemons
- 125g white bread
- 415g tinned wild Alaskan red salmon
- 400g mashed potatoes
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp plain flour
Chop the salad onions. Beat the eggs. Finely zest half of the unwaxed lemons, and cut the remainder into wedges. Drain the tinned wild Alaskan red salmon. Defrost the frozen peas.
- Tear the bread into pieces and blitz to a fine crumb consistency in a food processor. Transfer to a shallow dish and set aside.
- Flake the salmon into a large bowl, removing any skin and bones.
- Add the mashed potato, peas, salad onions, ketchup, parsley, lemon zest. Season. Using hands or a wooden spoon, mix everything together, then shape into patties.
- Put the flour and beaten eggs into separate shallow bowls.
- Dip each fishcake in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
- To cook, heat a shallow layer of oil in a large frying pan and fry the fishcakes (in batches, if necessary) over a medium to low heat for 2-3 minutes each side until golden.
- Serve with chunks of lettuce and lemon wedges.