Kale and Roasted Butternut Pasta
INGREDIENTS SERVES 4
- 700g butternut squash
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g wholewheat spaghetti
- 150g kale
- 25g walnuts
- 100g goat's cheese
- 2g dried chilli flakes
Peel and chop the butternut squash. Slice the garlic cloves. Roughly chop the rosemary leaves. Toast and roughly chop the walnuts. Roughly crumbled the goat's cheese.
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
2. Put the squash, garlic and rosemary in a roasting tin and drizzle over the oil. Season and roast for 30-40 minutes, until tender.
3. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes, until just tender. Add the kale for the last 3 minutes of cooking time; drain well and return to the pan.
4. Stir the squash mixture, walnuts and goat’s cheese gently through the spaghetti and kale until just combined.
5. Divide among 4 serving bowls and top with the chilli flakes, to serve.